1/13/2012

Elmar Kivaste (1965-2009)

I stumbled across the news that Elmar died,  "Elmar" was Elmar Kivaste,  the Estonian webmaster of Elmar's ABBA site.   Elmar died more than two years ago in the July  2009. He was 44 years old. Sadly,  I never "met" him, I am pretty shy when comes to meeting people on the web, but I always admired his website, which has pictures and track listings for most ABBA related recordings. In particular, his site has the best coverage  of Swedish releases of 1960's and 1970's. If I  wanted to see a picture of an original LP by Lena Andersson, or an obscure Hootenanny Singers release his site is  where I would  go first.    For some reason, after  he died the site's  internal linking mechanisms didn't work very well, but that problem appears to have been corrected.   My condolences to Elmar's family and friends in Tartu.

Here is the site address for Elmar's ABBA site  www.hot.ee/abba/ . Much of the text of the site is written in Estonian, but most of the site is pictures and track listings.


No comments:

Post a Comment