Whitney Houston dies. Once sang a CHESS song.

It has been reported the legendary American Pop/Soul singer, Whitney Houston died.  There is a small ABBA connection for her, she recorded the Andersson-Rice-Ulvaeus song, "I Know Him So Well" see details below....


Whitney Houston-Whitney American CD June 2, 1987
Whitney covered Tim Rice & B&B's "I Know Him So Well" from CHESS on this her second studio album ."I Know Him So Well"- is done as a duet with Whitney's mother, Cissy Houston. The duet is good though not  exactly the hit material of some her other recordings. 
The Whitney  album included four huge American hits- "I Wanna Dance With Somebody -Who Loves Me" "Didn't We Almost Have It All" "So Emotional "and "Where Do Broken Hearts Go ". The album was recorded from September 1986 to February 1987. The over nine million copies sold of this album (in the US alone)  make this album is one the largest selling albums with a song written by Bjorn and Benny on it. "I know Him So Well" was produced by Narada Michael Walden.


Track listing:
1. I Wanna Dance With Somebody -Who Loves Me
2. Just the Lonely Talking Again
4. Didn't We Almost Have It All
5. So Emotional
6. Where You Are    
7. Love Is a Contact Sport    
8. You're Still My Man    
9. For the Love of You    
10. Where Do Broken Hearts Go    
11. I Know Him So Well - duet with Cissy Houston

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Deluxe editions of ABBA recordings updated July 2017

2017 ABBA releases